Some keep chickens in their yards for their souls and some just for economy. But that’s not the most important thing. Important is the poultry’s need for an accommodation – a coop. In this review, we will examine and compare some of the best chicken coop options on the market today.
Our first choice is the best chicken coop that will perfectly fit in your backyard as a house of your hens and a splendid decoration.
1. Prevue 465 Red Barn Chicken Coop
The first product of our best chicken coop reviews is a premium quality hen house from a famous segment leader – Prevue.
This high-quality chickens coop has some distinguished features that rank it above the most of all products on the market:
- It can easily house 4-6 chicken
- Solid structure and roofed walking area provides extra safety for your poultry
- The roosting area with its bars and nest boxes is well ventilated which is important for your hens’ health.
- Though it is compact, this chicken coop has tons of living space for your little farm members
- Exterior dimensions: 71″ L x 30″ W x 36″ H
- Extremely easy to assemble (with pictured step-by-step instructions)
First of all, Prevue 465 Red Barn Chicken Coop is designed according to all of the chicken coop construction standards that guarantee safety and security to your poultry. The solid cage around the walking area will protect your hen from predators while they roam around and peck.
The roosting area is well ventilated, so the air circulation and light exposure inside is just fine. The ventilation is vital to the poultry’s health. During summer hot days, they should have a shelter from the heating sun and a source of fresh air to breath. The same goes for cold winter conditions when the chickens should be provided with thermal regulation and fresh air.
Besides Prevue 465 Red Barn Chicken Coop has roost bars and floors that can be removed in case of cleaning needs. Also, there is a huge access door on the side of the coop that can be opened to clean or maintain your coop.
We should also mention the nest box adjacent to the roosting area that contains 3 nesting slots.You can remove the roof of these slots and easily access the eggs.
The quality of a product we acquire depends on the experience, traditions, and name of the manufacturer. Prevue is a leading US-based manufacturer and importer of pet cages and accessories. Established in 1869 in Chicago, Prevue is the only company in the US to offer a full set of pet cages, bird cages, dog training crates, pet accessories etc. It has a reputation for a quality brand, that’s one of the many reasons we offer Prevue 465 Red Barn Chicken Coop to you.
And the last but not the least – just look how gorgeous the coop is! The wood is stained with non-toxic water-based red paint which is important for hen’s health. The green asphalt roof in its turn guarantees that no rain will get into the coop and make your poultry uncomfortable.
To sum up, Prevue 465 Red Barn Chicken Coop is a perfect match for a small poultry farm of 4-6 hen’s. It has all the features that will keep your chickens healthy and happy, guarantee a natural product to your family and become a great decoration for your yard.
- Manufacturer: Prevue (USA) Assembled in China
- Assembled in China Weight: 99.2 Pounds
- Weight: 99.2 Pounds
- Coop dimensions: 71 x 45 x 39 Inches
- Color: Red with green roof 90-day limited warranty and 30-day return policy
- 90-day limited warranty and 30-day return policy
2. Pawhut Wooden Backyard Poultry Hen House Chicken Coop
Next best chicken coop is a high-quality assembly required green chicken coop manufactured by Pawhut.
This highly rated chicken coop is made of premium quality China Fir wood coated with a water-based eco-friendly paint. The former mention water-based paint gives it a green color which will perfectly blend into your garden.
- Huge area for nesting in a mix with a large space outdoors for walking and pecking
- Solid wire that will protect your hens from predators
- Several trays that you can easily remove and clean out the coop
- Easy assembling procedure with step-by-step instructions
- Physical Characteristics: 83.25″L x 35.5″W x 48″H, Green
- Material: China Fir Wood coated with water-based green paint
- Weather resistant roof made of green asphalt composite
Pawhut Wooden Chicken coop is the best option for a small hen farm to keep up to 4 hens and get quality and natural eggs every day. The mix of large indoor and outdoor sections guarantee comfort and safety for your chickens throughout the whole year. A cozy and solid wooden nesting area will protect them from cold during winter and the large walking area will let them cool in a hot summer.
Besides chicken, this coop can accommodate rabbits, geese, ducks, guinea pigs etc.
2.2 Installation Process
The installation process itself is simple as the manufacturer has included step-by-step assembly instructions. To make it even more clear we will show the entire document to you.
As you see the manufacturer has made the assembly process accessible to everyone. Now, that we’ve mentioned, Aosom has been manufacturing the best chicken coops and other gardening stuff for decades. This Oregon-based company is known for its quality products and high-end customer service.
- Manufacturer: Aosom
- Assembled in China
- Material: Fir wood
- Model Number: D3-0027
- Weight: 97 Pounds
- Dimensions: 83 x 35 x 48 Inches
- Weather Resistant: Yes
- 90-Day manufacturer warranty and 30-day return policy
3. SmithBuilt 7 ft. Wooden Two Story Chicken Coop
Now it’s time for a big talk. 7 ft. long two-story premium coop is just a fortress for your poultry. It’s a real headliner in the best chicken coop reviews. SmithBuilt 7ft. The chicken coop is an all-in-one for small farmers.
- This huge coop is sold in portable mode and is extremely easy to assemble with its step-by-step instructions.
- Made of solid fir wood and with an asphalt green roof – Smithbuilt 7 ft. Chicken coop provides comfort and security to your coops.
- Heavy wire will protect your poultry from predators
- The coop is two-stories which mean that no moisture will get inside the coop
- Coated wood guarantees eco-friendly atmosphere inside the nesting boxes.
- The coop has two side nesting boxes with removable roofs where chickens can lay their eggs safely.
This premium coop can easily accommodate up to 4 hens. Removable doors will help you to easily clean up the interior of the coop. The package consists of the chicken coop itself, living quarters, nesting boxes and all the hardware and instructions needed for its assembly.
This chicken coop will become a real home for your hens and a beautiful decoration for your garden.
- Manufacturer: SmithBuild Crates
- Assembled in China
- Material: Wood
- Weight: 107 Pounds
- Dimensions: 96 x 50 x 27 Inches
- Color: Natural wood with green asphalt roof
- Limited 90-day warranty
Prevue 465 Red Chicken Coop
Pawhut Wooden Chicken Coop
SmithBuilt 7ft. Chicken Coop
|Material||Chinese Fir Wood||Chinese Fir Wood||Wood|
|Quantity of Chickens||4-6||3-5||4-6|
|Dimensions||71 x 45 x 39 Inches||83 x 35 x 48 Inches||96 x 50 x 27 Inches|
|Weight||99.2 Pounds||97 Pounds||107 Pounds|
|Manufacturer||Prevue (USA)||Aosom (USA)||SmithBuild Crates (USA)|
|Assembly difficulty||Easy (Instructions included)||Easy (Tools included)||Easy (Instructions included)|
|Space for roaming||Yes||Yes||Yes|