A lot of people think that they do know how to choose best digital microscope but truth is – they do not. A digital microscope is a sensitive product which needs to be analyzed respectively before making a purchase.
Best Digital Microscope
As you know Digital Microscopes need a light. Optics is nothing but a light and lens so if you don’t have a place to work with your future-to-be device, you better start thinking about it because you can not just put it in the dark corner of some lobby. It has to be sunny room but not too bright, it’s not difficult to balance the brightness of the place but for the record, this recommendation is for the first-time buyers who do not know the ABCs of the circumstances. We’d advice to see some Manuals of Microscopy the day after.
1. Celestron Pentaview LCD Digital Microscope
The first product in our list of best digital microscope is Pentaview LCD Digital Microscope manufactured by the leader of a segment – Celestron. This microscope is a precision optical instrument, made of the highest quality materials to ensure durability and long life. It is designed to give you a lifetime of pleasure with a minimal amount of maintenance. Celestron Pentaview Digital Microscope is an extremely high powered and quality product that allows you to share your findings and observations with friends. All in all, it is equipped with five objective lenses – 4x, 10x, 20x, 40x, and 60x which are capable of magnifying the object from 40x up to 2400x.
If you are fond of examining tiny objects as insects like mosquitoes that you have trapped, plant and animal parts, fibers, bacteria and etc. this microscope is just for you. Its magnifying power ranges from 40x up to 600x optical zoom and up to 2400x digital zoom. Celestron Pentaview LCD Digital Microscope will make it extremely easy for you to discover and examine the microscopic world. LCD monitor on its top enables you to view and capture the objects you examine instead of watching them in traditional eyepieces. The 4.3” inch LCD screen will also let you share your results with your friends. Additionally, you can take snapshots or videos of the objects with the built-in digital 5.3 Megapixel camera. As you have already noticed, this microscope has everything to make your examinations as simple and enjoyable as it is possible.
1.2 Special Features:
- Optical magnification power of 40x to 600x and 2400x with digital zoom
- 180° rotateable FTF 4.3” LCD touchscreen to view and share examination objects with others
- Built-in 5 MP camera for capturing snapshots and videos of objects
- 4 GB SD card and a card slot to save and export photos and videos (SD card slot supports up to 32 GB)
- 4x, 10x, 20x, 40x, 60x objective lenses
- Solid mechanical stage which you can adjust to your needs and comfort
- Manufacturer has also provided AV/TV output and cable that lets you view objects on you TV screen
- The microscope has 4 AA battery slot as well as AC mode, so you will use it virtually everywhere.
- Built-in upper and lower LED illumination lets you examine samples in the clearest way
- The low power magnification is 40x and the high power is 600x
- USB-connection is available in case if you want to transfer photos and results into your computer
- 2 year Celestron warranty provided
Just look at these tiny microscopic objects you can observe on a 4.3 inch LCD screen.
It really is a modern digital microscope with all the features and capabilities to make your observations enjoyable and easy. With Celestron Pentaview Digital Microscope you will: observe, capture, save and share objects with your colleagues and students.
1.3 User Reviews – Best Digital Microscope
“I acquired it 2 months ago and it never stops amazing me. Whole life I worked with traditional microscope with eyepieces and this digital microscope has taken me to whole new possibilities to view microscopic world, take photos of it and show it to others. I have observed amoeba, euglena, paramecia, and other microscopic things with ease. Would never dreamt of taking pictures of them. I have tried before taking photos of eyepieces with my camera but have always lost a field of view, so the LCD screen and a camera makes it astonishingly easier to observe things.
I rate this digital microscope by Celestron with 5 stars as It is a real value product in terms of hardware as well as, in terms of software.”
1.4 Items included in the package:
- Celestron Pentaview LCD Digital Microscope
- 4GB SD Card
- Universal AC adapter (AA batteries not included)
- USB 2.0 Cable for file transfer to your computer
- AV/TV out cable
- Hard Case
- Dust Cover
- Touch pen Stylus
- 10 prepared slides for observable objects
The next product in our best digital microscope reviews is
2. OMAX 40x-2000x Digital Lab Trinocular Microscope
This high-quality microscope offers you to view, capture and enjoy your observations with the help of modern technologies. OMAX digital trinocular microscope is equipped with a trinocular viewing head, two pairs of eyepieces, a double-layered mechanical stage for examining samples, etc. In contrast with the Celestron digital microscope, OMAX has six lenses that provide magnifying power of 40x-100x-250x-400x-1000x-2500x. impressive isn’t it?!
Also, in contrast with the Celestron model, OMAX microscope doesn’t have an LCD screen for viewing the sample live, instead it is provided with USB cable so you will watch your samples on your computer.
OMAX Trinocular Digital Microscope is the best choice for use in labs, schools, and home. It can meet all your needs and expectations of a fellow scientist. LED based illuminating system will guarantee clearest and brightest views on your samples.
Also, with the help of the 5 MP USB Digital imaging system, you will capture images and videos of samples and transfer them to your computer. The software for editing, measuring and processing the photo/video material is available for Windows, Mac, Linux and is included in the package. The software lets you capture, process, edit and share photos and videos with ease.
As we have already mentioned these aspects make OMAX Trinocular Digital Microscope the best match for demonstrations, examinations, laboratory and home use.
2.2 Special Features
- Trinocular viewing head with adjustable sliding for comfortable observations
- 5MP digital camera (USB Cable included) for capturing photos, videos, measuring sample sizes and transferring them to your computer
- Double layer stage and coaxial coarse that guarantee the best and clearest view
- LED illumination that makes observable objects look clearer and brighter
- 5-year manufacturer guarantee in case of factory defects
Here, in this video you can see the demonstration of its magnifying power:
2.3 User Reviews:
“It proved to be the best microscope for me. Home enthusiast who brings various kinds of insects, plants, and dirt in the house to examine them closely. The delivery and shipping process was fast and smooth. Though the manual wasn’t included in the package, Youtube videos made everything clear.
2.4 Pros and Cons
Pros: Solid, simple to use, can connect to PC and view the samples and edit images. Can upgrade camera easily for better pictures and videos. The body feels solid and hard. You can easily tell that it is a high-quality product. Great customer support.
Cons: Doesn’t have a manual or other documentation for setup and use.”
- Manufacturer: OMAX
- Country: China
- Model: M83ES—C50U
- Magnification powers: 40x, 100x, 250x, 400x, 1000x, 2000x
- Power Supply: AC/DC adapter included
- All the mechanical components are made of high-quality metal
- 5MP Digital Camera (2592×1944 Pixels),
- Frame Speed for video capture: 2592×1944 – 2fps, 2048×1536 – 3fps, 1600×1200 – 5fps and 1280×1024 – 7.5fps
- Dimensions: 23cm x 18cm x 36cm
- Package eight: 9.7 Pounds
- Item weight: 8 pounds
And the last choice in our best digital microscope review is a
3. HD digital microscope by Opti-TekScope
3.1 Overview – Best Digital Microscope
One of the best digital microscope is different from its predecessors, as it doesn’t have a usual stage for objects. Rather, it has an industrial stand that gives you more possibilities to examine bigger objects in a comfortable way. This microscope not only lets you observe the microscopic world but also is a perfect tool for repairing micro details such as boards, microchips and parts of electronic devices. It will also help you inspect various things such as jewelry, coins, stamps etc.
Unlike its predecessors, OT-M HDMI Microscope has a lower power range (up to 300x optical magnification) as is suitable for above-mentioned observations. But, still, it has lots of advantages that make it one of the best choices on market.
3.2 Special Features
- 300x optical magnification power
- 3MP 1920x1080P camera to capture JPG images and 30fps high-quality videos of samples.
- LCD 3.0 inches display to comfortably view and share object images with others
- 32 GB SD card slot for saving photos and images on storage (no SD card included in package)
- 2 LED lights to ensure the bright and clear view of observable objects.
- HDMI and mini USB output that allows transferring files to your PC or viewing them on TV via HDMI cable
- The telescope with the camera can be removed from the stand and be used independently. The stand provides a firm and solid platform for observations.
- 5V DC power source – must be plugged in all the time.
3.3 User Reviews:
This microscope is astonishingly great! I have never expected it to be that good. I just purchased it for my old hobby of inspecting interesting minerals. It gives me infinite possibilities to examine various things like coins, insects, grains and other tons of things. The best thing about it is that it has LCD screen that gives me real-time footage of objects, unlike USB-based microscopes. You have to plug them into computer which gives you lag and other software problems. I highly recommend this microscope to everyone who is fond of examining bugs, grains, minerals and fixing electric equipment.
Here, you can view a thorough video review for Opti-tekScope Digital USB Microscope:
3.4 Specifications – Best Digital Microscope
- Manufacturer: Opti-TekScope
- Model: OT-M HDMI Microscope
- Dimensions: 5.9 x 3.1 x 6.7 inches
- Item Weight: 1.8 Pounds