Assuming that you are reading this article – you already have the electric fence or you’re trying to get one. Our goal today is to determine which one is the best electric fence charger depending on the one’s situation. Maybe, if you’re new in this kind of business, you’ll get extra basic knowledge which will be handy in the future. Let’s start.
Best Electric Fence Charger
1. Premier Solar IntelliShock 30 Fence Energizer Kit
The first product we will review is manufactured by US-based Company Premier 1 Supplies. Well-known and established company provides products and services for monitoring and controlling sheep, goat, cattle, backyard poultry, etc. Nobody wants to see drowned animals in their pools that some best pool vacuum can’t remove.
Premier Solar IntelliShock 30 is one of the leaders of fence charger market. It has all the features and specifications to meet the needs of modern farmers and amateurs too.
1.1 Some of its distinguished features are:
- It is provided in ready-to-use mode. You can go straight and power your electric fence with this all-in-one portable charger.
- Solar panel on its body provides power even during weak daylights. You can easily adjust the panel to maximize the solar power intake. Also, the powerful and high capacity battery will guarantee that your fence will have electricity even during low sunlight.
- One of the best features of Premier Solar 30 is its Intellishock feature. Thanks to it, the charger will reduce the fence’s voltage when the amount of weed around the fence gets low.
- It is ideal for isolated areas where there is no AC electricity, so you can supply your charger with solar energy and use it to its full potential. But you can also connect it to the 110V power source and use it without a battery.
- Premier Solar IntelliShock 30 comes in a bundle of several necessary items including wireless fence tester and 0.3-joule energizer, wiring harness, battery charger (110v), Ground stake and polycarbonate case.
1.2 Other Facts
- It makes 40 pulses per minute to effectively use the energy and, at the same time, make sure that no predator will trespass the fence.
- Under normal use, the battery should last up to 4 years.
- It has enough power capacities to power ½ mile of 3 strands cattle and ¼ mile of 5-7 sheep fence
- 2-year warranty will cover the energizer, solar panel, defective parts, and workmanship.Premier Solar Intellishock 30 is used for protective cattle, horses, poultry, goats etc. against predators like bears, foxes, skunks, and coyotes.In contrast with other fence chargers, the solar panel on the Intellishock 30 will ensure that your fence will stay electrified even during low sunlight.Its body is made of polycarbonate, so this fence charger will withstand even extreme weather conditions and corrosion.
1.3 Installation and setup process
The installation process is quite simple and described in high detail in manufacturers official manual.
Due to electricity risks, the manufacturer recommends reading instructions before setting up the energizer. Besides, there is a clear instruction on how to place the solar panel correctly to maximize the solar power intake.
You can also view the warranty conditions and mounting tutorial on the official step-by-step guide.
1.4 User’s Review
“Finally I’m able to get a calm sleep during nights. I always had problems with former energizers as some of them had issues with battery life, no solar panels etc. half the time the fence was not electrified. This product keeps the fence working 24/7 so during 5 months of use I didn’t have a single encounter with a predator. My sheep feel safe too.”
1.5 Specifications – Best Electric Fence Charger
- Manufacturer: Premier 1 Supplies
- Model: Premier Solar Intellishock 30
- Country: USA
- Power: Solar, DC battery and AC connection feature available
- UV-treated polycarbonate body
- Shipping Weight: 15 Pounds
- Warranty: 2 years
2. Zareba ESP10M-Z 10-Mile Solar Low Impedance Fence Charger
Zareba Systems is the biggest electric fence systems manufacturer in the North America. Its experience takes roots from the 1940s. In the middle of the high competition and growing market, Zareba Systems maintains its position thanks to high-quality products and superior customer service.
Zareba ESP10M-Z is a 10-mile solar fence charger based on low impedance system. It guarantees that no predator will get into your territory and none of your sheep/cattle/poultry will leave your farm in the radius of 10 miles. Its features, design, and capabilities place Zareba ESP10M-Z on the top of the fence charger industry.
2.1 Some of its unique features are:
- Range up to 10-mile
- High-quality solar panels will charge the massive batteries so they will last up to 2 weeks without sunlight and power source
- Unique design allows you to install your fence charger virtually everywhere: on T-posts, wood posts, ground, flat surfaces etc. thanks to its special mount system
- Vivid indicator tells you when the fence is electrified
- It can be used on most kinds of livestock: cattle, sheep, poultry, etc.
- Provides following types of fences with electricity: steel/aluminum, poly wire/rope, and tape.
- Solar panel is constructed in a compartmental way so in case of minor damage it will not stop operating.
- Thanks to Zareba System’s R&D, this fence charger has intuitive technology that will resist shorts when the weed will contact the electrified wires.
- Manufacturer provides 1-year limited warranty which includes a case of the lightning strike which is quite rare for warranty options.
Solar Panels give you several important advantages. First of all, it is ideal for isolated and remote places without constant electricity. Solar panels will guarantee that your fence will keep intruders away all the time even when there is no sunlight. Additionally, solar panels give you an opportunity to save extra money on electricity by using an eco-friendly product.
According to Zareba Systems, your fence charger will cover up to 10-miles of wires in conditions of no weeds. In case of light weeds, it will cover up to 5 miles of steel wires.
The case is different in Poly Wires. The coverage in the zone of no weeds is 5 miles and in the zone of light weeds is 2.5 miles.
2.2 Installation and Setup Process
Installation is simple and is described on the official manufacturer’s page. Pictured installation guide will make it extremely easy for you to set up your electric fence charger.
Must charge for 48 hours before initial use.
2.3 User’s Review – Best Electric Fence Charger
“Purchased it 2 years ago. Worked great until the on/off switch broke but the warranty had it replaced in matter of days without any hardships. Since then it has been working flawlessly keeping my sheep inside the farm. It is a definitely great product having its price in mind.”
- Manufacturer: Zareba Systems
- Model: ESP10M-Z
- Country: USA
- Power Source: Solar panel
- 33 stored joules and 0.15 output joules
- Controlled animals: sheep, goat, pig, horse, cattle, bull
- Digital Timing available
- Indicator showing when fence is electrified
- Shipping Weight: 9.8 Pounds
- Dimensions: 11.25 x 8 x 11.5 inches
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
3. Parmak Deluxe Field Solar-Pak 6
The last product in our best electric fence charger reviews is made by Parmak. Established in 1930s, Parmak is the oldest and world’s largest volume manufacturer of electric fence chargers and its accessories. It introduced North America to first solar fence charger back in 1979 which speaks of its traditions and experience.
Parmak DF-SP-LI is a high class and best electric fence charger for small and medium-sized pastures that will protect your poultry, cattle, goats, and sheep from even large predators like bears.
3.1 Distinguished Features – Best Electric Fence Charger:
- Built-in performance meter that warns you how your electric fence works
- Both solar and battery powered for combined power source
- Works even through wet weeds
- Has a coverage of up to 25 miles of wired fence
- Modern Solar panels that guarantee up to 42% of more power capacity
- Solar Panels will charge the battery even in cloudy conditions and charge quickly during sunlight
- 21 days of uninterrupted use when fully charged!
- Designed and manufactured in USA
- 2-years of limited warranty on faulty parts and system
- Pulsed-shock system that will save energy and guarantee maximum protection
- Low impedance Design
- Recommended for Cattle, dog, horse, goat, sheep, poultry, pig
3.2 User’s Review – Best Electric Fence Charger
“Definitely a fine bargain! It charges even when there is no direct sunlight in cloudy days. I feel safe knowing that my farm is protected by the reliable fence.”
- Manufacturer: Parmak
- Model: DF-SP-LI
- Country: USA
- Power Source: Solar and battery
- Installation: Outdoor only
- Range: up to 25 miles
- Shipping weight: 17.2 Pounds
- Dimensions: 18 x 15 x 9 in.
- Warranty: 2-year limited warranty
Comparison Chart – Best Electric Fence Charger