Let’s be honest – getting the first welder is a total disaster. You probably have seen various advertisements about different products and don’t know which one to try. Nowadays, we live in a digital age where information clutter is consuming us. Every Brand invests more and more in Marketing to Increase Their Sales. But before you let any Marketing Communications Network attack your brain – first, read the MIG welder reviews. As always, Our Team is incredibly experienced in this particular case and we intend to save your time as well as help you choose the best MIG welder for your interests.
Now, in order to start we need you to identify your priorities, what is it that you do – might be Personal Projects you are working on like house repair or probably got the new job that requires being professional in multiple working fields. There is a reason you are reading MIG Welder Reviews so make no mistake – Think through and Identify every possible situation you will need Welding Machine.
1. What’s in the box – Mig Welder reviews
1.1 Lincoln Electric Easy MIG 180 Flux-Core/MIG Welder
When I started looking for a welder, the popularity of Lincoln Electric Easy MIG 180 caught my interest. The price and the list of features didn’t hurt anything either. The Easy MIG 180 comes with a simple control panel with all the major controls grouped on the front of the machine.The manufacturer has located a wire and feed apparatus inside the large door on the side of the machine. Lincoln puts a sticker inside the door where you can see a setup information for any common welding situation. Also, the manufacturer includes a one-count spool of the flux core wire installed in the machine, as well as two little gas wires.
Spool Gun option
Lincoln Electric also includes a nice gun with all the components you need to change it from flux core welding to MIG welding. You will also find a full set of instructions and a handheld face-shield in a box.
Important thing is that, you don’t need any mechanic tool set to set up the welder and start using it.
To be honest I prefer a helmet. But considering, that helmets often cost more money, Lincoln Electric does a great job putting a handheld face-shield in the box.
1.2 Longevity MIGweld 140 welder
The next product in your MIG welder reviews is a welder manufactured by Longevity.
Migweld 140 welder delivers industrial quality and performance at a reasonable price. It is perfectly built for both beginner and professional users. This versatile welder will do all kinds of metals with the help of optional spool gun. You can easily connect it to your 110V wall outlet and setup for use in minutes. As it runs on 110v power, which is a standard for home users, MIGweld 140 welder is extremely comfortable to use everywhere.
Manufacturer has included following items in the box:
- Main Unit with 10ft MIG Torch
- Ground Clamp
- Gas Regulator
- Contact Tips for troubleshooting and support
1.3 Hobart 500559 Handler Wire Welder
The last product in our MIG welder reviews is a welder and the manufacturer is Ohio state based Hobart. Built with the high-quality and durability. Handler 140 is one of the most popular wire feed welders in the world for the best price. The welder is MIG ready and requires no additional kit for operation. Handler 140 works on standard 115V which makes it affordable and accessible for everyone. You will just plug it into your 110V wall outlet and start welding!
Handler 140 is perfect for almost all kinds of welding works including automotive works, home repairs, farm jobs etc.
The box contains following items:
- H100S2-10 gun
- work cable
- Power cord with plug
- Set-up, operation, and maintenance manual with precise guidelines
- 3 in contact tips
- Driver roll for 0.24in or 0.3/0.35in
- Sample spool of o.3in. flux-cored wire
2.1 Lincoln Electric
The first product in our Mig welder reviews is from the industry giant – Lincoln Electric. US-based company is the biggest manufacturer of welding systems and has been a key player since its establishment in 1895. Its products are known for high-quality and durability, and the company itself – for its customer services. Lincoln electric has always been the industry giant and has always been setting standards for other welding companies.
Longevity, since the day of its establishment in 2001, has provided high-quality professional welding systems and equipment to the customers worldwide.
We can clearly see their attitude towards this job from the quote from their official website:
“Through innovation, experience, and engineering, we manufacture affordable and reliable welding equipment for the garage, commercial, and industrial uses. Our warranty is tailored to the end users, and our customer support is unmatched.”
Longevity is recognized worldwide for providing reliable Welding, cutting, and power generating equipment since 2001.
Hobart Welding Products has spent decades (over 9 decades, since 1917, to be exact) Hobart has been manufacturing, designing and testing one of the best welding machines and accessories on the market since 1917. Hobart’s machines always set the quality standards on the market and keep their top positions among other welders consistently. Hobarts tools will fit needs of everyone whether are they are in farming, maintenance, production, DIY or auto repair. Also, with the dedicated commitment to customer service you will find that Hobart’s support team is extremely easy to contact, to work with and get information.
3.1 Lincoln Electric Easy MIG 180 Flux-Core/MIG Welder
- Perfect product for your farm, shop or home
- Adjustable drive system that will reduce the wire tangling and crushes
- Solid aluminum gear box that guarantees quiet performance and additional drive torque
- Learn-To-Weld DVD and instructions included by the manufacturer
- Smooth arc starting with minimal splatter
- 2 Years limited warranty in USA and China
- Model: K2698-1
- Manufacturer: Lincoln Electric
- Country: USA
- Input Power: 208/230/1/60
- Input Current: 20A
- Output Range: 30-180A
- Cored Wire Size Range: 0.30-0.45 in.
- Dimensions: 14 x 10.15 x 18.6 inches
- Net Weight: 50 lbs.
3.2 Longevity MIGweld 140 welder
- Thermal Overload Protection: The problem most of the welders have today is uncontrollable overheating. After several hours of intense welding, the parts overheat and become vulnerable to damages. Longevity MIGweld 140 Welder has a thermal overload protection system that will safely shut it down when it overheats. Once the system is cooled to the acceptable temperature you will be able to continue welding.
- Easy setup for all kinds of users: Tweco ® style connectors allows you to easily swap between torches anytime. Its user-friendly interface and capabilities make MIGweld 140 welder suitable for all kinds of repairs and works including Light industrial, Farm, Motorsports, Maintenance, Home repairs, and fabrication.
- Powerful, Reliable and efficient technology: in spite of total 54lbs of weight, Longevity MIGweld 140 welder has a compact look and huge power concentrated in it. The reliable Transformer technology guarantees reliability and high endurance of this system.
- Easy adjustments and use: User-friendly panel allows users to see the settings accurately and quickly. The panel has tuners on it which makes it easy to adjust the welding speed and voltage anytime.
Additional Spool Gun:
Longevity MIGweld 140 welder is accompanied with an additional spool gun which enables you to weld even aluminum.
- 110v Power: MIGweld 140 welder is designed to be accessible for everyone. You can plug it in your standard 110V wall outlet and start welding with the standard torch or the spool gun.
- Whole list of additional tools and accessories included in the package: Longevity has included in the package a full set of instruments you will need for welding: Tweco Torch, Welding Mask, Gas line, 300 Amp Ground Cable, Chipping Hammer, Regulator Flow Gauge and a 1LB Spool of Mild Steel
- Manufacturer: Longevity
- Country: USA
- Model: MIGweld 140
- Process: MIG, Spool Gun Aluminum
- Input: 110V 1 Phase, 50/60HZ
- Weight: 40lbs unit, 54lbs package
- Duty Cycle: 20% @ 90A 18V
- Stick Welding Capability: N/A
- Wire range: .025in – 0.3in Solid Steel, 0.3-0.35in – Fluxed Core
- Dimensions: W: 9.6” x H: 14.5” x D: 16”
- The thickest mild steel this system can weld is a 3/8 Inch mild steel on a single pass.
- One Year Warranty.
3.3 Hobart 500559 Handler Wire Welder
- Excellent Arc Performance. The welding process is smooth and leaves minimum slag. Handler 140 makes welding process comfortable and accurate.
- You will set up your welder in minutes and start welding right away! It is easy to use even for beginner users. The manufacturer has included a step-to-step guide with clear instructions on how to set-up Hander 140.
- Perfect for welding automotive panels, garden equipment, fences, metal sculptures, etc.
- Though it weighs 57lbs. Handler 140 has a compact and light feel. The control panel is user-friendly and clear so you can adjust the voltage and welding speed to your needs.
- Five-position Voltage Control feature enables you to easily adjust voltage.
- Self-resetting thermal overload system will shut down Handler 140 in the case of overheating.
- Unique 5/3/1 Hobart warranty: Hobart gives you a 5-year warranty on transformers, 3-year warranty on drive motors and rectifiers and 1-year warranty on guns.
- The product is fully built in Troy, Ohio USA.
- Manufacturer: Hobart
- Country: USA (Ohio State)
- Model: Handler 140 (500559)
- Voltage: 115V
- Current Range: 25-140A
- Open-circuit Voltage: 28V
- Item Weight: 57lbs.
- Dimensions: H: 12” x W: 10” x D: 19”
4. Pros and Cons
4.1 Lincoln Electric Easy MIG 180 Flux-Core/MIG Welder
|Adjustable drive system||Only basic features|
|Aluminum box||Heavy and bulky|
|Instructions DVD included in box|
|Great for beginners|
4.2 Longevity MIGweld 140 welder
|Thermal overload Protection||Bulky and heavy|
|Easy to setup and use||Plastic parts wear with time|
|Additional spool gun and tools|
|Rheostat amperage control|
|High quality feed mechanism|
4.3 Hobart 500559 Handler Wire Welder
|Solid Build||Comes without ground clump|
|Easy to use/ Setup||Noisy cooling fan|
|5/3/1 Warranty Type|
|User Friendly Panel|
|Doesn’t overheat after hours of welding|
5. Comparison Chart
We hope after you’ve carefully considered your needs, there’s a bright light on the product that’ll give you the exact values we’ve discussed above. One thing is clear – every customer wants to hear straight from the horse’s mouth, in this case – other customers and how they feel about the purchase. For this reason, we’ve added some customer reviews and if you still have a doubt you can find the other reviews, but for the record best means – when it meets the needs of the majority and that’s what these welders do.
Feel Free to Contact us after reading our MIG welder reviews to share your experiences and reviews. So far we’ve reached over 100K Satisfied Customers – It’s a Big Number so we had to put this up!