Before we get to the Best Snake Repellent – Well, if you are on this website, then you saw a snake at least once in your lifetime. Snakes were always different creatures – even from the Bible we know, that it seduced Eve to eat the apple and we all know that isn’t the worst part snakes ever made.
There are more than 20 families and 3400 various species of snakes out there in the world and each of them has a unique character, which reflects on certain behaviors in a different way. In some cases, you have to run, but it surely won’t work in every situation – sometimes you just need to freeze and don’t move until the danger ceases. Remember – snakes are incredibly smart creatures and have a very strong attitude of securing themselves.
Most of the snakes are non-venomous, but their bite necessarily needs a medical evaluation and assistance. If snake ever bites or you have a doubt about it – always check with your doctor. In worse case scenario you’ll be convinced that everything’s alright and get a peaceful goodnight sleep.
Now, after we have discussed the ways to get rid of smaller intruders by reviewing the best mosquito trap, let’s talk about the most effective ways for repelling snakes from our gardens.
Best Snake Repellent:
Imagine all of your fear disgust and discomfort – gone. You never have to worry about miserable creatures that were ruining your lives.
Say hello to the products that will change your attitude about peaceful life forever – Read very carefully about Best Snake Repellent below to successfully learn about the best solution for snakes issue.
Both Products have their advantages and disadvantages. But before we discuss it lets be honest – Ortho and Dr. T’s are Top Brands in this industry, especially with the Snake issue. They both have incredibly useful products.
As you know Products like Snake Repellent go through countless researches and tests before they appear in a real Market. First of all – Safety of People and Domestic Pets are Guaranteed unless they eat the granules, which is inappropriate. Chemical factors won’t cause side effects – it is totally harmless.
Secondly, it occurs that Snakes – as they appear in the territory where granules are spread, tend to avoid the smell and leave the area. It means that after choosing a perfect product you will never have to worry about snakes issue again as long as you have it with you. But consider the recommendations we gave you earlier in this article. Repelling snakes need some sophisticated products as regular electric fences and fence chargers can’t solve the problem.
Now – what’s the difference between Dr. T’s and Ortho. Everyone knows that every brand has it’s age, experience, and qualification, which are all important factors in our case.
Ortho Snake B Gon
- Prevents Snake Entry, Nesting, and Foraging
- Totally Safe For People, Pets, and Plants
- No Stink Formula Using Essential Oils
- Delivers Long-Lasting and Rain-Resistant Performance
Ortho Snake B Gon – Prevents snakes from appearing, nesting and living in your garden or yard area with no-stink formula Ortho® Snake B Gon® Snake Repellent Granules, which is very simple to use and of course it has a long-lasting effect. As you have probably guessed already – you have to pour it in the area where it is a potential thread of snake appearance.
And “what if it rains?” – is the first question that pops up in your head, but you can stay calm because new formula is rain-resistance. It means whatever weather is – sunny, rainy, windy – repellent anyway lasts and endures every external-based factor.
Our Recommendation would be to repeat the process in every 30 days or after the first site of damage. As you have to do it over time to time, that’s why we offer you Size 28 lb. If you want short-lasting effect you don’t have to buy this product, as well – you can buy much cheaper snake repellents, but personally, I wouldn’t risk if it was about my safety or my childrens’.
For long-lasting effect you have to do it once in a month and if you agree so, then this product is for you and it’s not the cost you’re paying – it’s the safety you’re buying.
Dr. T’s Snake-A-Way
- Contains Naphthalene (7%) and Sulfur (28%)
- Repels Poisonous and Non-Poisonous Snakes
- 91% Repellent Rate of Garter Snakes and Rattlesnakes
- Only EPA-Registered Granular Snake Repellent on the Market
- 28 lb size
Dr. T’s snake-a-way is the only repellent that is registered with Environmental Protection Agency – EPA. The particular combination of naphthalene and sulfur temporarily disrupts snake’s sensory receptors which make them leave the area in search for a fresh air. Its effect starts right after pouring it and that effect is long-lasting.
Snake-A-Way’s efficacy has reached over 83% in lab testing and almost 100% in real field studies. It has Ecologists and naturalists affirmation and yet all its shown so far is high effectiveness.
But let’s talk about Testing with some intimate details. Normally Snakes move very slowly, in an investigatory manner. The reason for this whole test was to “catch” the responses that these slithery creatures are having, during interfering with the granules.
As you know – you have to spread the granules in the area where you desire to prevent snake-appearance, it might be a specific spot or spread-like the circle where you “mark” your own territory. For the perfect case, they must be spread in a strip 10-30 centimeters wide. Kind of Area was created.
After 2 months Scientists tested 16 snakes again and the branches of the “Y” were totally reversed so that the repellent strip was at the branch opposite from that in the previous test. And the repellent was on the ground for 5 weeks and did “survive” very heavy rain. 11 of them “escaped” after interaction with the repellent, whereas 5 of them crossed it, but the important fact is they showed their avoidance behavior first – they were disoriented and eventually ended up on the other side of repellent.
How To Use:
- Remove the seal under the cap and replace shaker top.
- Hold bottle with shaker top pointed forward and down.
- Shake bottle side to side to dispense
- Liberally apply to turf and soil around flowers and other plants. When using on edible crops, apply the product when no above ground harvestable food commodities are present, including blossoms. Treat tunnels and dens by applying to openings.
- Make sure to apply an even amount.
However, every customer has their story but most of them are writing about how snakes disappeared after spreading the proper snake repellent. Some of them also recommend wearing the gloves while using the repellent.
Part of the Customers suggests buying a larger quantity. They admit Snake Repellents are quite useful, but one has to repeat from time to time. Our recommendation is to purchase 20+ lb, at a much cheaper price. They also claim that it is totally safe for children and pets, as they experience the product in reality.
They also claim that it is totally safe for children and pets, as they experience the product in reality. Although, some of them say the repellent has a distractive smell, but as the statistics show results are dependent on the individual’s perception. In fact, it is necessary – as snakes move around, they use their tongues to pick up chemical signals in their environment. The signals pass through a sensory organ called the Jacobsen’s Organ, which interprets them and sends them to the brain to help a snake navigate.
To summarize it – There are plenty of other ways to avoid the disgusting creatures but it appears snake repellent is the best way to make it happen. Snakes are scary but they are defeatable and since these great products offer to make it happen, the only thing left to the customer is to buy and spread it by the rules we recommended.
Calm down, read about the best snakes repellent one more time if you find it necessary and get ready to start a new life – one without the past memories and future threats.
Yes, it is the 21st century and humans deserve to have a great life without worries. Getting rid of snakes is one of many problems one could solve easily. Would it be these products or others, it is achievable to have calm, peaceful life with your family.
Avoiding Snakes without Snake Repellents
The Truth is – There are couple things you can do to avoid potential harm from snakes:
Don’t enter to shady or wet areas of the house. Snakes are cold-blooded creatures, but despite that, they still have periods, when they have to be in shades or they’re moving through them to the destination of their choices, so do not enter “marked” territory.
- Get rid of a mess – Snakes tend to nest at the places with: compost piles, stacks of firewood, piles of cut grass, wood chip mulch, piles of leaves and etc. These are snakes comfort zones – where they feel most satisfied. So destroy or get rid of them, keep everything cleaner and neater.
- If you have tall-growing plants you have to be extra careful – they are the perfect place for snakes to hide. Move them away from a house, or simply mow them so snakes won’t be able to nest or hide there.
- Patch up holes – if you have any kind of holes in your garage, door, house etc. take care of them immediately. You might think that some of them are too small, but for some types of snakes, it won’t be a problem.
- Put up the fence – it is a simple but well-tried method. When purchasing a fence remember, that it won’t work for every kind of snake. Electric Fence also would be perfect – it has vibration, which keeps snake disturbed and eventually gone.
- Get rid of Pests – Snakes love the areas with food, so if you have pests near your house, that might be another stimulus for a snake to visit your neighborhood. Using traps might be in order.
- You don’t always have to kill the snake – so when you see it don’t think you have to ambush, just turn around and keep walking. Beyond the fact that snakes are scary, they are lazy enough to attack someone who is not threat to them.
- If you are close to a snake – don’t lean towards it. Remember – Snakes have very rare and quick reflexes, so they react to any movement. The most harmful way is when snake bites on face, it leaves a terrific scar, so just get out of there without leaning.